Cowboy Quotes - 10 Old West Sayings Worth Remembering #33
CowboySpirit.TV - Old West cowboys who had spent any time in the saddle were particularly good at at least one thing: Observation. Most trail riding involved looking out for the condition of the trail ahead and the condition of the herd behind; cowboys also needed to be careful to check the health of the animals on the move. That’s why some of the funniest Old West quotes are simply observations on life.
1. “I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.” – Butch Cassidy
2. The bullfrog never makes a mistake when he starts singing.
3. There’s more to being a cowboy than just wearing the boots.
4. If cowboys picked wives like they pick horses they would have lifelong mates.
5. “There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” – Winston Churchill
6. “A decent cowboy does not take what belongs to someone else and if he does he deserves to be strung up and left for the flies and coyotes.” – Judge Roy Bean
Known in the Old West as “the Law West of the Pecos,” Bean was a saloon owner turned justice – who decided cases in his saloon.
7. Water and truth are freshest at their source.
8. You can tell a gelding and ask a stallion, but you have to discuss it with the mare.
9. The man who is straddling a fence usually has a sore crotch.
10. A change of pastures makes for fatter calves.