CowboySpirit.TV - As a general rule, in the Old West trail drivers tried to keep peace between the hands on a drive, since a fight, or even a murder, miles from the nearest sheriff could cause trouble for the drovers and for the home ranch. For the most part, cowboys learned to get along, but when it was time for back talk, they sure knew how to give out an insult!
1. He hasn’t got anything under his hat but hair.
2. She doesn't wear enough clothes to dust a fiddle.
3. A man that looks over his shoulder at every piece of straight road ain't been livin' a straight life.
4. Your money doesn't last as long as a rattler in a cowboy’s boot.
Of course, in the Old West a real cowboy left his boots on so a rattler wouldn’t get in in the first place!
5. There is just as much horse sense as ever, but the horses have most of it.
6. Ride like the wind, or get blown away.
7. If you don’t know a where you’re going, it’s a good idea not to use your spurs.
8. “Life is hard, but it’s harder when you’re stupid.” – John Wayne
9. “I wouldn't give you the combination to the gates of hell.” – Morgan Allen, High Plains Drifter
10. “Without me, you two would die here, more miserable than rats.” – Howard, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre