2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, drained and finely chopped
1 ¾ cups chopped onion
1 ½ cups chopped green bell pepper
1 ½ cups chopped red bell pepper
5 garlic cloves, minced
3 links Spanish chorizo sausage, diced (about 6 ½ ounces)
1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
3 (14-ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, undrained and chopped
1 (8 ½-ounce) can no salt-added, whole-kernel corn, drained
1 ½ ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add chiles, onion, bell peppers, garlic, and chorizo, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add chili powder and next 7 ingredients, stirring to combine; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and stir in chocolate, salt, and black pepper.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 cup).