Makes six servings
• 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
• 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 celery stalks, diced
• 1 green bell pepper, diced
• 1 can (16 ounces) cannellini beans,
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies,
• 1/4 cup lime juice
• 2 Tablespoons Devil’s Thumb Ranch
Rancher Rojo Red Hot Sauce
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese,
Cut chicken breasts into half-inch cubes. In a shallow bowl, combine flour and one teaspoon of cumin. Toss chicken in the flour mixture.
Heat vegetable oil in a four-quart saucepan over medium-high heat then add chicken and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and place in a mixing bowl. Cook the celery and green pepper in the drippings from the chicken over medium heat until they are tender and crisp, about five minutes.
Stir together beans, chicken broth, green chilies, lime juice, Devil’s Thumb Ranch Rancher Rojo Red Hot Sauce, salt, and the remaining teaspoon of cumin and browned chickens. Heat the mixture on high heat until it reaches a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley at the end and serve with shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
This recipe is from Evan Treadwell, executive chef at Devil’s Thumb Ranch in Tabernash, Colo. For more on the ranch and its new line of mail-order foods, visit www.devilsthumbranch.com.